Mine Wireless Sensor Networks
The Remote Telemetry Unit (RTU) is a sensing device that is placed within an underground coal mine in order to detect hazardous conditions. The RTU forms part of a wireless sensor network and has the following features and characteristics:
- Interfaces to Extensometers and Stressmeters for detecting rock movement caused by strain.
- Communicates via a wireless mesh network.
- Provides various generic digital and analog IO.
- Can interface to thermocouples.
- Powered from replaceable primary lithium pack.
- Supports power saving modes.
- Operates from a single battery for one year.
- Provides various status LEDs
- Industrial temperature range
- Housed in an IP65 enclosure
- Ruggardised to withstand impacts