Smart-Idler™ is an advanced conveyor monitoring system that intelligently monitors conveyor rollers and is able to predict and detect their failure. Smart-Idler embeds electronics within conventional rollers. It provides accurate, automated, real-time monitoring of conveyor rollers, providing key benefits such as reduced conveyor down-time, reduced conveyor damage, simplified maintenance and improved safety.
Key features of the system include…
- Energy Harvesting – Smart-Idler™ electronics embedded within the roller are powered directly from the rollers rotation.
- Temperature Sensing – Smart-Idler monitors the temperature of each bearing.
- Acoustic Sensing – Smart-Idler monitors acoustic levels within the roller.
- Vibration Sensing and Analysis – Smart-Idler monitors the vibration levels within the bearing and analyses failure frequencies to determine which parts of the bearing are worn.
- Intelligent Analysis – Smart-Idler uses sophisticated algorithms to predict and detect roller failure based on temperature, acoustic and vibration data.
- RPM Sensing – Smart-Idler can monitor each rollers RPM and detect skipping rollers.
- Rotational Counting – Smart-Idler counts rotation which is useful for tracking actual roller mileage.
- Wear Detection – Smart-Idler measures and compares roller rotation and can detect warn rollers.
- Wireless – Smart-Idler relays roller information wirelessly down the conveyor using a mesh radio network. Data is relayed back to a gateway.
- Server Connectivity – Conveyor data and system status is monitored via a cloud hosted web site.
- 3rd Party Integration – Smart-Idler integrates with other third party roller tagging tools to automate fault tagging. Smart-Idler also supports SCADA integration.
- Low-Cost – The Smart-Idler system is design to be low cost.
- Universal – Smart-Idler is designed to be easily integrated within a broad range of roller types.
- Easy of Installation – Smart-Idler is design to be easy to install in conventional conveyors. There is no conveyor wiring. Just drop in the smart-rollers in place of conventional rollers and install a gateway.
- Robust – The Smart-Idler system is designed for the harsh conditions found on mines.