If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
We’re currently looking for a permanent position for an experienced full-stack software engineer, with a focus on server-side and cloud systems development. You will work in project teams comprised of other Software Developers, App Developers, Industrial Designers, Hardware Designers, and more, and will form a critical part of connected system development. Being part of multidisciplinary system development, candidates with experience beyond server application development will be strongly considered.
The role involves:
- Developing cloud based software for commercial IoT solutions
- Protocol and communications system development
- Defining user requirements and converting them into functional code
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design team development processes
- Integrating software with hardware and testing prototypes
- Peer code review and knowledge transfer
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- be an Australian permanent resident or hold working visa
- hold a relevant degree from a reputable university (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Computer Science)
- 3+ years hands-on development experience with:
- Building web apps / sites using PHP and/or Node.js
- Web-services and integration with relational (e.g SQL) and object databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- JS front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular
- have an understanding of software design principles, software implementation, object-oriented design (design patterns, encapsulation, unit testing, continuous-integration)
- have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- are able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who has experience in the following areas will also be considered favourably:
- Linux or similar platforms
- Have past exposure to development in a consulting environment
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
We are located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.