In your role as Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the national sales and marketing of our advanced product design and engineering service. You will be instrumental in growing our client base and pipeline of opportunities through strategic sales and marketing initiatives. As an experienced design engineer, you will promote our brand as an established thought leader and preferred supplier of product design services for innovative, human-centric products. Working closely with our subject matter experts you will assist in translating technical requirements and customer expectations into carefully crafted business proposals with the highest degree of success. Expansion of the sales team as the business grows will be one of your strategic imperatives.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Developing sales growth strategies and plans
- Developing, maintaining, and expanding the capability of the sales team in accordance with strategic growth targets
- Overseeing marketing activities e.g. inbound/outbound email, social media, SEO etc
- Overseeing the sales lifecycle and optimising lead and opportunity conversions
- Identifying and mapping customer requirements with our business’ strengths
- Creating sales proposals with clear technical requirements and project estimates
- Qualifying and developing business opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Following industry trends and liaising with industry partners
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a working visa
- A relevant qualification from a reputable education organisation (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- Have worked as a professional design engineer for 5 or more years
- Have experience in the technology, manufacturing, or consultancy services industries
- Preferred understanding of ISO 13485 & 9001 regulatory requirements pertaining to product development
- Be proficient in B2B sales and negotiations
- Have strong organisational, critical, and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
We have offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and are open to applications at any of these locations.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.