If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
We’re currently looking for a number of permanent positions for Electronics Design Engineers who will be responsible for the full product development life cycle are required to innovatively develop concepts, undertake detailed product design, and then bring it life through low and high volume production runs. Senior engineers will also be responsible for technical design reviews, guiding and mentoring junior designers.
The role involves:
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- System design from conceptual beginnings
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design teams
- Designing a wide range of electronic circuits (analogue / digital / RF / low power)
- Laying out PCBs using Altium
- Comprehensively verifying prototypes
- Managing product compliance
- Writing specifications
- Documenting complete designs for manufacture
- Technical design reviews
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an Australian permanent resident or hold working visa
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- Have worked as a professional electronics design engineer for 3 or more years (10 or more for senior engineers)
- Be competent in the design of analog and digital electronics
- Have experience in the design of electronic products from concept to manufacture
- Be proficient in Altium or Protel schematic capture and PCB layout
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will also be considered favourably:
- Have experience and proficiency with embedded programming of 8 to 32-bit microcontrollers using languages such as C / C++
- Experience in developing electronic products for space constrained, low power, high volume applications with high levels of mechanical integration
- Microcontroller based system design using ARM / MSP430 / STM32 / other
- Low power design (for battery powered devices)
- RF Communications, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, Zigbee, LoRa, low power ISM
- Wired Communications, such as; CAN, USB, Ethernet, I2C, RS232, RS485
- EMC (Electromagnetic Compliance) and certifications for; C-Tick, CE, FCC, UL
- Switch Mode Power Supply design
- Have past exposure to electronics design consulting
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our diverse development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport. Our Melbourne and Brisbane offices are both centrally located close to the CBD.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.