If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
In your role as an Embedded Linux Software Engineer, you will be responsible for driving innovation and quality in electronics software design throughout the full product development life cycle in our tightly integrated multidisciplinary teams. You will be instrumental in creating better products together with our clients, from concept through production, always applying our high-quality standards. As a key member of the team, you will share your experience and knowledge, as well as learn from your colleagues.
The role involves:
- Creating and maintaining build environments for custom Linux distributions on embedded systems
- Kernel configuration and driver development
- Linux bootloader modification and maintenance
- Creating shell scripts, tools and other user space software items to support embedded software development
- Analysing user requirements and converting them into compliant operating platforms
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Integrating software with hardware and testing prototypes
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design team development processes
- Engage with clients on a regular basis
- Minimum Criteria
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a working visa
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Software or Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Computer Science)
- Have worked as a professional software engineer for 3 or more years
- Be an expert in ANSI-C/C++ coding
- Experience with Yocto and/or Buildroot build systems
- Have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Can work independently and as part of a team
Applicants with the following experience will be favourably considered:
- Experience in coding for embedded micro-controllers
- Experience developing applications for embedded systems
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our diverse development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport. Our Melbourne and Brisbane offices are both centrally located close to the CBD.