If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
We’re currently looking to fill a permanent position for an experienced embedded software design engineer. In this role you will be involved in the full product development life cycle and is required to innovatively develop concepts, undertake detailed product design, and bring them to life through low and high volume production runs. You will work in project teams comprised of other Software Developers, App Developers, Industrial Designers, Hardware Designers, and more, and will form a critical part of connected systems development.
The role involves:
- Developing software for commercial embedded systems
- Integrating software with hardware and testing prototypes
- Protocol and communications system development
- Defining user requirements and converting them in to functional code
- Conducting technology feasibility studies
- Participating in multi-disciplinary design team development processes
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- have working rights in Australia
- hold a relevant degree from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Software or Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Computer Science)
- have worked as a professional developer for 5 or more years
- be competent in ANSI-C/C++ coding
- be competent in the design of embedded systems employing 8 to 32 bit micro-controllers
- are able to read and work with circuit schematics and datasheets
- are able to use test equipment such as an oscilloscope and logic analyser to debug embedded systems
- have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- are able to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who have experience in the following areas will also be considered favourably:
- have experience in bare metal Linux development
- have experience in developing wireless products employing 3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc communications interfaces
- have experience working with ARM processors
- competent integrating with TCP/IP and other internet protocols
- have specific expertise in the development of IoT systems and applications development
- have specific experience in the development of biomedical, consumer, and/or industrial products
- have past exposure to design consulting
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
We have offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and are open to applications at any of these locations.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.