If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams and are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
In your role as Industrial Designer, you will be responsible for driving innovation and quality in industrial design throughout the full product development life cycle in our tightly integrated multidisciplinary teams. You will be instrumental in creating better products together with our clients, from concept through production, always applying our high-quality standards. As a key member of the team, you will share your experience and knowledge, as well as learn from your colleagues.
The role involves:
- Conducting technical feasibility studies
- Developing products from conceptual beginnings
- Producing product concept renders and sketches
- Performing detailed product design in 3D CAD
- Performing comprehensive prototype verification and managing product compliance
- Writing specifications
- Liaising with customers and suppliers about project matters
- Documenting complete designs for manufacture
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a working visa
- A relevant qualification from a reputable education organisation (e.g. Bachelor of Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering / Certificate IV in Industrial Design)
- Experience in the design of products from concept to manufacture of 3 years or more
- Ability to sketch ideas and concepts
- A high level of experience in 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience in product visualisation and rendering using Keyshot / Photoshop or similar
- Manufacturing experience and knowledge of a variety of production/manufacturing processes
- Experience in communicating with local and offshore suppliers
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants who meet the following criteria will also be considered favourably:
- Experience with designing medical devices
- Have designed products using plastics, metals and textiles
- Experience in developing electronic products for space constrained, low power, high volume applications with high levels of mechanical integration
- Experience with complex mechanical devices incorporating electronics, motors and gears
- Have past exposure to design consulting
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our diverse development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport. Our rapidly expanding Brisbane and Melbourne offices are located in the inner-city area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.