If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams and are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
In your role as Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for the sales and marketing of Ingenuity’s advanced product design and engineering services. You will be instrumental in identifying potential opportunities and acquiring new projects and clients for creating innovative human-centered products, from concept through production. Understanding and interpreting customer needs is key to your role to provide project estimates and technical requirements in carefully crafted proposals. As a key member of the team, you will work alongside other subject matter experts and share your experience and knowledge.
The role involves:
- Meeting with prospective clients to promote and present Ingenuity’s services and value offering
- Qualifying, developing, negotiating, and closing sales deals in line with company revenue targets
- Overseeing all marketing related activities e.g. email / social media campaigns, SEO etc,
- Maintaining industry and customer relationships
- Creating sales proposals with clear technical requirements and project estimates
- Engaging with Ingenuity subject matter experts on sales opportunities
- Providing regular sales updates and monthly sales reports
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a working visa
- Hold a relevant engineering or industrial design degree or equivalent from a reputable University (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical or Software Engineering)
- Have worked as a professional engineer or in product design for 3 or more years
- Have experience in the technology, manufacturing, or consultancy services industries
- Be proficient in B2B sales and negotiation
- Have strong organisational, critical, and analytical thinking skills
- Have excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Can work independently and as part of a team
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our diverse development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport.
Only applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted for the next stage.