If you are passionate about creating new products with one of Australia’s leading product development teams, are eager to grow and develop, then this unique opportunity is going to challenge and satisfy you.
In your role as Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing a variety of product development projects for clients which spans across multiple engineering disciplines. You will be instrumental in managing the creation of better products together with our clients, from concept through production. Your experience in producing project timeframe and budget estimates based on conceptual requirements will be key to this role. Leading a diverse team of individuals and excelling at problem-solving will ensure that you are successful in effectively delivering each project milestone.
The role involves:
- Managing projects effectively by adhering to standards of scope, budget, and timeframes.
- Estimating and developing project plans according to customer requirements.
- Monitoring project progress continuously and providing detailed scheduled reports on milestones and deliverables.
- Communicating proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyse economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback to management relating to cost benefits and profitability.
- Reviewing and managing proposed scope changes on project plans, including meeting with stakeholders to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Overseeing project purchasing of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
In order to be considered for the role, applicants are required to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a working visa
- A relevant qualification from a reputable education organisation (e.g. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project management role
- Extensive leadership and team management abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 & 9001 regulatory requirements pertaining to product development
- Understanding of a variety of production/manufacturing processes
- Experience in communicating with and evaluating local and offshore suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants with the following experience will be favourably considered:
- Experience in medical device projects
- Experience working in a design consultancy
We’ve created one of the largest multi-disciplinary product development consulting teams in Australia, and we’re continuing to grow.
We provide comprehensive design services to leading Australian and international companies for a wide range of industries including consumer, commercial, industrial, automotive, bio-medical, military, mining applications and much more.
Our diverse development team spans electronics, embedded, iOS, Android, Linux app, web servers, industrial and mechanical design and more! We provide full turn key service for our customers and a unique opportunity for creative, passionate, professional engineers to continue to develop their skills with us.
Our Sydney office is located in the Macquarie Park/North Ryde technology area with convenient access by road and public transport. Our Melbourne and Brisbane offices are both centrally located close to the CBD.